"GOD'S REMEDY FOR A SICK NATION"
Intro: The nation is sick.
I. SYMPTOMS OF THE SICKNESS.
A. Rising crime rate...11% increase first 6 mos.
1. Danger of walking down the street in the Capitol.
B. Unrest on our campuses.
1. The wanton destruction of property.
2. The disrespect for authority.
3. Many times led by professors.
a. Our inability to get rid of these professors.
b. We find a body is too weak to throw off the poisons in its system - soon be dead.
C. Our nation sick morally.
1. Pre-occupied with sex.
2. Pornography and filth everywhere movies-stage-magazines.
3. Marriage considered just a piece of paper.
a. No sin in having sex as long as you love.
b. I haven't been shown the scripture for that one yet.
D. The polluting of our natural resources.
1. Water and air.
E. Our no win policy concerning war.
1. If there is a valid reason to send our boys to Vietnam, then we should back them and protect them with all the capability that we possess.
F. Widespread use of alcohol and drugs.
1. Hypocrisy of condemning one while allowing the other.
a. Same arguments advanced now to legalize drugs as were advanced to repeal prohibition.
II. THE FOLLY OF TREATING SYMPTOMS.
A. Let's form action committees.
1. Drug abuse seminars.
2. Crime study commissions.
3. Citizens against filth.
B. Even if we stopped all crime, our nation is still sick. Other symptoms will form.
C. If you go to a doctor because of a headache caused by a brain tumor and he gives you aspirin so you won't feel the pain, you're not cured.
D. The best way to purify our air is to stop dumping pollutants into it.
III. WHAT IS THE NATIONAL SICKNESS? National Pride.
A. We're a strong nation - where strength lie?
B. Trying to leave God out.
1. Thinking we can live independently of Him.
IV. GOD'S REMEDY... "MY PEOPLE, CALLED BY MY NAME."
A. We used to be called a Christian nation.
B. "Humble themselves and pray.
1. Prayer is a humbling thing.
a. Confessing: "I need help," "I can't do it."
C. "Seek my face" - my direction, guidance.
D. Turn from their wicked ways.
1. Outlaw the teachings of evolution instead of outlawing the Bible from our educational systems.
E. God's Promise.
1. Hear from heaven.
2. Forgive their sin.
3. Heal their land.