I. UZZIAH HIS GREATNESS.
A. Entered throne at perilous times.
1. Grandfather & father both murdered.
a. Both went after idolatry.
B. Although only 16 years old he was very prosperous.
C. He wrought great victories against the Philistines & Arabians.
D. He fortified Jerusalem built towers & ingenious weapons of war.
II. UZZIAH HIS MISTAKE
A. His name spread abroad vs. 8.
B. His name spread abroad for he was strong vs. 15.
C. Everyone was saying UZZIAH THIS UZZIAH.
1. His name on lips of all the people.
III. "IN THE YEAR KING UZZIAH DIED I SAW THE LORD HIGH AND LIFTED UP."
A. God had to remove His idol Uzziah before His prophet could see Him.
B. Great tragedy of many ministers & evangelists today.
1. Busy making a name for themselves.
a. People go from service saying:
1. "Isn't he a wonderful preacher!"
2. "Isn't he a powerful speaker!"
3. He's marvelous.
2. How much better to lift up Christ to the extent that they will say:
a. Isn't Jesus wonderful.
C. Don't get your eyes on man.
1. A priest was once applauded as he entered the service. "Strange they should applaud the servant in the Master's House."