"GOD'S METHOD OF VICTORY"
The vision Zechariah say.
I. THERE WAS A WORK OF GOD TO BE DONE.
A. The task seemed impossible.
1. The rubble was like a mountain.
2. There were a limited amount of workers.
3. Many forces opposed.
a. Harassment from neighbors.
4. The people were discouraged.
B. How can man do the work of God?
1. I desire to do God's work.
2. I want to live the right way.
3. The question itself shows the impossibility of the answer.
a. God's work is so vast.
b. I am so limited.
c. The opposing forces are so strong.
d. I am so weak.
e. I feel like just sitting on the rubble and crying out of frustration.
4. God I want to do your work, I don't know how, I don't know where to begin.
II. THE UNACCEPTABLE METHODS "NOT BY MIGHT NOR BY POWER."
A. God's work not accomplished with programs.
1. Word "might" means army, muster forces.
2. How much of man's genius spent in devising a program.
a. How are we going to finance God's work?
b. How are we going to increase membership?
c. How are we going to reach the lost?
3. How much effort is spent trying to keep a program alive.
a. It worked for them.
b. What if the generals in studying Joshua's method in conquering Jericho - thought they found the formula?
4. All kinds of success programs and success ideas for sale.
B. We have a tendency to always measure the task according to our ability.
1. "I could never do that."
2. "Sure I can, that's easy."
C. Not by dogged determination "power."
1. "I think I can."
III. GOD'S METHOD OF VICTORY "BY MY SPIRIT, SAITH THE LORD OF HOSTS."
A. It's logical, only God can do God's work.
1. What ever made me think I could?
2. No wonder I'm so tired.
B. Whose work is it?
1. Building the church.
2. Saving the lost.
3. Your righteousness "You are His workmanship."
C. Look to the Spirit of God for:
D. "Oh God, how can I make them see this truth?"
Not by might nor by power.