"THE DAY OF THE LORD"
I. THE AUTHOR OF THIS BOOK.
A. Commonly called Zechariah but this is wrong.
1. Zechariah only a secretary.
B. This is the word of God.
1. The Lord which stretched forth the heavens.
2. Laid the foundation of the earth.
3. Forms the spirit of man within Him.
C. That this is God's Word becomes evident.
1. He speaks with such clarity of future events.
a. Impossible odds if author Zechariah.
b. No problem if God is author.
2. Because it is God's Word we really should not be amazed that 500 years before an event happens it is recorded with intricate accuracy and detail.
II. WHAT IS PROPHESIED CONCERNING CHRIST - FIRST COMING?
A. The man of His coming 9:9.
B. His betrayal and death 12:10,11-14.
C. His being pierced 12:10.
D. His hands wounded 13:6.
E. The dispersion of Israel 13:7.
Since these were so accurately fulfilled might it not be logical to conclude that the prophecies concerning His second coming will also be fulfilled with equal accuracy.
III. WHAT IS SAID CONCERNING SECOND COMING?
A. That Israel will be re gathered 8:7, 8.
B. That the nations will be gathered against Israel 14:2.
C. That at this time the second coming shall occur 14:3, 4. Second 8:3.
D. That His saints (the Church. will come with Him 14:6.)
E. A river will go forth from the sanctuary 14:8.
F. Christ will reign over the whole earth 14:9.