proper masculine noun
Printed from the Blue Letter Bible
Strong's H5838 - `Azaryah
Outline of Biblical Usage
Azariah = "Jehovah has helped"
1) son of king Amaziah of Judah and king of Judah himself for 52 years; also 'Uzziah'
2) the godly friend of Daniel who Nebuchadnezzar renamed Abednego; one of the three friends who with Daniel refused to make themselves unclean by eating food from the king's table which went against the dietary laws which God had given the Jews; also one of the three who were thrown into the fiery furnace for refusing to bow down to a graven image of Nebuchadnezzar and who were saved by the angel of the Lord
a) also, 'Abednego' (05664 or 05665)
3) son of Nathan and an officer of Solomon; perhaps David's grandson and Solomon's nephew
4) a prophet in the days of king Asa of Judah
5) son of king Jehoshaphat of Judah and brother to 5
6) another son of king Jehoshaphat of Judah and brother to 4
7) a priest, son of Ahimaaz, grandson of Zadok and high priest in the reign of king Solomon
8) the high priest in the reign of king Uzziah of Judah
9) a priest who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah; probably same as 18
10) a Kohathite Levite, father of Joel in the reign of king Hezekiah of Judah
11) a Merarite Levite, son of Jehalelel in the reign of king Hezekiah of Judah
12) a Kohathite Levite, son of Zephaniah and ancestor of Samuel the prophet
13) a Levite who helped Ezra in instructing the people in the law
14) son of Jeroham and one of the temple captains of Judah in the time of queen Athaliah; probably the same as 21
15) son of Maaseiah who repaired part of the wall of Jerusalem in the time of Nehemiah
16) one of the leaders who returned from Babylon with Zerubbabel
17) a man who assisted in the dedication of the wall of Jerusalem in the time of Nehemiah; probably the same as 10
18) son of Johanan, one of the captains of Ephraim in the reign of king Ahaz of Judah
19) a Judaite, son of Ethan of the sons of Zerah
20) a Judaite, son of Jehu of the family of the Jerahmeelites and descended from Jarha the Egyptian slave of Sheshan; probably one of the captains of the time of queen Athaliah and the same as 15
21) a priest, son of Hilkiah
22) a priest, son of Johanan
23) son of king Jehoram of Judah; probably clerical error for 'Ahaziah'
24) son of Meraioth
25) son of Hoshaiah and one of the proud men who confronted Jeremiah
Authorized Version (KJV) Translation Count — Total: 48
Concordance Results Using NASB
Strong's H5838 - `Azaryah
עֲזַרְיָה (`Azaryah), which occurs 12 times in 11 verses in 1Ch of the Hebrew concordance of the NASB
Page 1 / 1 (1Ch 2:8 - 1Ch 9:11)
Cite This Page:
Blue Letter Bible. "Dictionary and Word Search for `Azaryah (Strong's 5838)". Blue Letter Bible. 1996-2013. 22 May 2013.
< http:// www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?
The English language concordance used by the Blue Letter Bible team started with the King James Version of the Bible, 1769 edition. We wrote a program to build the concordance files, indexing 790,881 words. We hope you enjoy the results!
Items of Interest:
Christian Books |
Discount Music |
Audio / Video |
Images / Maps | Devotionals | Christian Bibles | Help / FAQs Know God | Christian Music | Free Tools
About BLB | Blog | Discount Books & Bibles | Other Links | BLB Institute | BLB Bookstore | Site Map