"THE DAYS OF NOAH"
I. THE WHOLE CONTEXT IS THE SIGNS THAT JESUS IS GIVING TO HIS DISCIPLES OF HIS COMING AND THE END OF THE WORLD.
A. I think that we all have an awareness that things cannot continue in the downward spiral that we that we have been observing for the last 40 years, that soon we will be hitting bottom.
1. Something has to change.
2. Look at the downward spiral of the moral values in the nation.
a. Look at the divorce rate, and how many children are living with only one of their natural parents.
b. Look at the pornography - It used to be that the Esquire Varga girls, were the most sensuous thing available, now children can pick up magazines filled with totally
in the most provocative poses. Even worse are the readily available videos.
c. Look at what has transpired in community in the last 40 years. There totally obscene parades down the streets of San Francisco on fathers day.
d. Look at the drug problem.
e. Look at the violent crimes. Drive by shootings, car jackings, child abuse, terrorists.
f. Look at the increased proliferation of Nuclear weapons, now many terrorists nations have nuclear capability.
g. Look at Africa. It is estimated that in many countries of Africa that more than 50% of the population is infected with the H.I.V. virus. we see the anarchy in Bosnia, Rowanda, Sudan. South Africa with the support of the U.S. being turned over to the predominately communist A.N.C. I predict that this will turn out to be just as disastrous as the Carter administration helping to depose the Shaw in Iran, and bringing Kuhamani into power. Look at the famines that are plaguing that continent.
3. We know that things cannot continue on as they are, there is a day of reckoning coming.
a. Our government is on a spending spree, we continue to spend more than what we take in, that cannot continue indefinitely. One of these days it will all crash.
b. As far as government is concerned, they are offering no solutions, they are only helping to make matters worse.
c. The abortion issue is another matter that must be judged.
d. The prophet Isaiah said, "Woe unto those who call evil good, and good evil."
1. To come out of the closet and declare yourself to be a homosexual, or a is good. To speak against the evil of these perverted practices is evil.
2. The Bible speaks of the woes that are coming upon the earth, during the days of the great tribulation when God judges the earth for its rebellion against His laws.
B. The only hope for the future of this world is the coming again of Jesus Christ to establish the Kingdom of God upon the earth.
1. Education is certainly not going to save us.
2. The government for sure is not going to save us, it is more apt to destroy us.
3. The United Nations is not going to save the world.
4. Science is not going to save the world, they have only created weapons that almost insure the destruction of the world.
5. Green peace cannot save the planet.
6. There is only one who can save this world, and that is Jesus Christ.
C. How was it in the days of Noah? "As it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be at the coming of the Son of Man."
1. The wickedness of man was great and his thoughts were only evil continually.
And God saw that the wickedness of man [was] great in the earth, and [that] every imagination of the thoughts of his heart [was] only evil continually.
a. Would you admit that we are getting close to that description today?
2. The earth was corrupt before God and the world was filled with violence.
a. We hear a lot of complaints concerning the violence on T.V. that our children are exposed to. My grandchildren were over watching cartoons on T.V. this week. I believe that it was Bugs Bunny, I watched him blow up and destroy this pirate a dozen times in 5 minutes. He always kept coming back tattered and torn. He was smashed to bits, crushed flatter than a pancake, and blown up several times.
b. The problem is that if they go out on the streets they are apt to face the same kind of violence, but they won't like the little pirate somehow miraculously survive.
3. I would say that we are today much as the world was in the days of Noah.
a. Jesus points out that in the days of Noah, they were totally oblivious to the pending judgment of God that was about to fall.
b. They were going on in a "business as usual" mode not aware that the whole system was soon to go down beneath the waters of the flood.
c. They were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage until the day that Noah went into the Ark.
d. They did not know anything was wrong until the flood came.
e. How little does the world realize how close we are to the day of God's wrath and judgment.
f. It seems of late that God is trying to shake men up a bit, tornadoes, earthquakes, hurricanes, fires, floods, Aids, but try to suggest that these are possibly the beginning of God's judgment and you will be laughed to scorn.
g. Though man may acknowledge a belief in God, he lives as though God does not exist.
II. WHAT AMERICA NEEDS TODAY.
A. Rather than the Lesbians coming out of the closet, we need godly mothers going into the closet to pray for their children, the school system, the community, and for a spiritual revival to sweep this nation.
1. I believe that more could be accomplished for good if we would organize for prayer.
2. Without a spiritual awakening our nation is through, it is only a matter of time.
B. Like Russia, we need to realize that we need to start teaching Biblical morality in our public schools, for that is the only true basis for morality.
C. We need men and women in our Congress and Senate, who love God and fear God.
D. We need for God's people to humble themselves and pray and seek His face, and turn from their wicked ways.
1. You are either a part of the problem, or a part of the solution of the problem.
E. Most of all, we need for Jesus Christ to return in the clouds with great glory and establish the kingdom of God upon the whole earth.
1. That day when wars shall cease to the ends of the earth.
2. That day when
The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
3. The day when
God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
4. The day when,
The eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.
Then shall the lame [man] leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.
5. The day when
And he (i.e.
Jesus) shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
6. You mothers who have been crying before the Lord, take heart the day of the Lord is coming soon, your prayers will be answered.