Printed from the Blue Letter Bible
Richard Newton of Liverpool, England (1813 - 1887)
Seminary graduate and ordained clergyman, Richard Newton, ministered primarily in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania region most of his adult life. Both of his sons became ministers, following in their father’s footsteps. Newton’s wonderful contributions to juvenile literature and sermons for children elicited from Charles Spurgeon the title, “Prince of Preachers to the Young.”
The Birth of Christ
From The Life of Jesus Christ for the Young, Volume II
By Richard Newton (1880)
Digital Edition by Blue Letter Bible
Also available at the Amazon Kindle Store and on the Blue Letter Bible
Excerpt from “The Birth of Christ”
“He came to visit us in great humility!” And yet, what a strange contrast we see, when we look away from the humiliation of his birth, to the great glory that attended him even while he was lodged in the stable, and cradled in the manger! We see this glory in what the angels said about him to the shepherds of Bethlehem. They said that the birth of that child, who was born in such strange humility, should yet be the cause of “great joy to all people.”
About “The Birth of Christ”
“The Birth of Christ” is a 31 page chapter from Richard Newton’s four-volume work, The Life of Jesus Christ for the Young, published in 1880. Newton discusses the time, place, and circumstances of Jesus’ humble arrival upon the earth. This miraculous event in history reveals God’s love for mankind and His divine gift of salvation. We believe the entire family will be blessed while reading this narrative together on the birth of our Savior.
Step-By-Step Guide to Downloading Digital Products
- Confirm that you are purchasing the correct file type (MOBI or EPUB). If you are unsure, refer to the section below, “E-Reader Applications.”
- If you have a Coupon Code, type the code into the “Discount Code” field, and click “Update Cart” to receive discount.
- Once you have completed the checkout process, you will be directed to the download landing page.
- At the top of this page, you will see “Click here to download [Your Book Title].” Click on the “Click here” text to begin downloading your product.
- A box may pop up asking what you would like to do with this file. Choose the option that opens the file automatically.
- If your file does not open automatically after downloading, click on the file manually.
- If you encounter en error suggesting that there is no software installed to open this file, please see the section below, “E-Reader Applications” for more information.
Free E-Reader Applications
Prior to purchasing a digital book, confirm which file is required for the e-reader application that you intend to use. If you have problems downloading the digital product, please refer to the free e-reader application links below. If you do not currently have an e-reader, the Kindle e-reader might be a good place to start, and can be downloaded to your computer, tablet, or smartphone for free. Calibre is also well regarded for your computer.
MOBI files can be read on Kindle, Calibre, Cool Reader, and others.
EPUB files can be read on Apple iBooks, Nook, Sony Reader, Calibre, Adobe Digital Editions, and others.
Kindle purchases from the Amazon Kindle Store can be read on Kindle e-readers only.
Syncing MOBI and PDF Files Automatically Through Kindle
Amazon's Kindle Personal Document Service offers ways to automatically sync your MOBI and PDF files, so that your notes, highlights, and bookmarks can be synced to all of your devices that have Kindle-based applications.
Amazon Kindle Store Purchases
The BLB digital edition of “The Birth of Christ” is available for purchase at the Amazon Kindle Store. However, we encourage our users to purchase digital books in the MOBI format for Kindle reading due to the significantly lower income that we receive from Amazon Kindle Store purchases.
Discount codes are only available for EPUB and MOBI files by clicking on "Add to Cart" next to the product's price. To redeem your discount code, enter the discount code in the field provided and click on the "Update Cart" button.
If you need further help or have any questions, feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shopping Cart by E-junkie