"JOY TO THE WORLD"
I. "WHOM HAVING NOT SEEN, YOU LOVE."
A. It is amazing how in love you can be with a person that you have never seen.
1. People have loved Him so deeply that they have laid down their life for Him.
2. People have loved Him so much that that have given up their fortunes to follow Him.
B. How can it be that you can have such a deep love for someone that you have never seen?
1. John said, "We love Him because He first loved us."
a. Our love is a response to His love.
b. He loved us so much that He laid down His life for our sins.
c. Hearing and reading of His love for me, prompts a responsive chord in my heart that causes me to love Him in return.
2. We love Him because He has given us an abundant life.
a. John the Baptist said of Him, "He that believeth on the Son of God hath everlasting life, He that believeth not on the Son of God does not have life, but the wrath of God abideth on Him."
b. The Apostle John said, "He that has the Son has life, He that has not the Son, has not life."
c. Jesus said, "I have come that you might have life, and that more abundantly."
d. He has made our lives so full, rich, and satisfying.
C. Not only do we love Him, but we...
II. "REJOICE WITH A JOY THAT IS UNSPEAKABLE AND FULL OF GLORY."
A. The word unspeakable is indescribable.
1. Man has not yet invented words that can adequately describe the feelings of joy that we have as a result of our relationship with Jesus.
B. When the angel announced that birth of Jesus to the shepherds, he said, "Behold I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people."
1. The good tidings bring great joy.
2. What are the good tidings of great joy?
C. There is born a Savior.
1. Man was dead to God because of his sin.
2. His sin had separated him from the only true God who created him and loved him.
a. The prophet Isaiah said, "Your sins have separated you from your God."
b. Without a relationship with God man is not a whole person.
c. At his very best he is only a two thirds of a person.
d. He lives on the animal plane of existance, body and mind. The mind under the control of the body appetites.
e. There is a yearning for God deep within the heart of every man, a spiritual thirst.
f. Man tries to satisfy that thirst with physical or emotional things, but to no avail.
g. He may get excited because of the chase, but when he captures his goal, there is a great emptiness.
3. By his best efforts man could not save himself, so he seemed doomed to eternal separation from God.
4. But there is born in Bethlehem a Savior.
a. The angel told Joseph to call His name Jesus, for He shall save His people from their sins.
b. When a man has his sin blotted out, fully cleansed and pardoned then fellowship with God becomes a reality.
c. Fellowship with God brings indescribable joy. Joy unspeakable and full of glory.
D. The the long awaited Messiah has been born.
1. The Greek word Christ means anointed as does the Hebrew word Meshiach.
2. The priests were anointed with oil to initiate them into their office as priest.
3. The kings were also anointed with oil to inaugurate them into their office.
4. God promised to send them His anointed king to reign over them and as a priest represent God to them.
5. He became known as the Messiah, or the anointed one.
6. He was referred to as the desire of nations.
7. He brought joy to the world.
E. This baby born in Bethlehem named Jesus, has been sent by His Father into this world to seek and to save those who were lost.
1. He is the Savior, the Messiah, the Lord.