I. DANIEL'S VISION OF THE SUBSEQUENT KINGDOMS OF MAN.
A. They are marked by violence and destruction.
B. He sees in his vision a final world leader who blasphemes God and turns against the Jews who are classified as the saints of the most High.
C. Man has been in rebellion against God from the Garden of Eden.
1. One of the first things that man did was to rebel against the commandment of God.
2. Man had been warned of the destructive results of his actions but he did it anyhow.
a. For by one man sin entered the world, and death by sin so that death passed unto all men for all sinned.
b. What far reaching consequences sin has.
c. Sin has such destructive consequences.
D. God who created man, knows what is best for man, and has set down the rules for man to have a healthy, happy life.
1. God knew that consequences of violating those rules, we are beginning to discover them.
2. God forbid man to do those things that are destructive, or brought pain, and suffering.
3. Many of the laws were hygienic, others involved a healthy diet. God wanted man to be strong and healthy.
4. So many of the laws involved relationships with others. God wanted man to live in peace and harmony with his fellowman.
5. Many of the laws had to do with man's relationship with His creator. God wanted man to know the joy, peace, love, help and strength that fellowship with God can bring.
E. History clearly demonstrates how nations that live by the rules of God are blessed, and how when Gods and mans rights are honored there is freedom and liberty. We also see by history when nations violate the rules there is tyranny, conflict, and multitudes of social problems.
F. The history of the United States is a case in point.
1. We were once known as the land of the free, and the home of brave.
a. We believed that man was endowed with certain inalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
2. We were free to own property and to develop that same property.
3. You may think that you own your own home, but the government now disagrees, they say that they own all property. You can lease your property from them on an annual lease program with your payment divided into two installments they call property taxes. If you should fail to pay, they will come, by force if necessary, to remove you from the property, will sell your property to the highest bidder.
4. You cannot believe the abuse of authority that we have encountered in trying to build this small office addition on the church. No wonder the building industry is all but dead. It is so difficult to get permits, and so costly, they then so hassle you every step of the way that they discourage you from even trying. We are becoming regulated to death.
G. The true purpose of government was to preserve the good. Government now has begun to promote evil.
1. We used to have laws protecting us from obscenity. The laws now protect the obscenity.
2. We had laws protecting us from pornography. Now they protect those who want to produce the pornography.
3. We used to have laws against abortion, now they protect those who desire to have an abortion.
4. We used to have laws against homosexuals, now there are laws granting them special privileges.
5. We used to have laws that made divorce difficult, now all we need to declare is that we are incompatible.
H. Look at the result in our society.
1. There is a total moral breakdown
2. It is gang rule in the streets.
3. Homosexuals can disrupt people who seek to worship God screaming obscenities to those entering the place of worship.
4. Sexually transmitted diseases are ravaging our society while they demand that the government spend our tax dollars to find a cure for their viruses so that they can continue their perverted life styles without the worry of contacting aids.
G. The outlook is grim, and I do not see any hope of it improving, especially in the next four years.
H. The Bible foresaw these terrible consequences of man being governed by sin, and predicted the very things that we are seeing today.
1. This know, that in the last days perilous times shall come for men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God.
2. As the righteous judgment of God begins to fall, we read that they repented not of their worship of devils, or their murders, nor of their drugs or of their fornication or thefts.
II. THE BRIGHT SPOT IN THE FUTURE. JESUS IS COMING AGAIN WITH THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN, AND GOD WILL GIVE HIM DOMINION, GLORY, AND THE KINGDOM.
A. Jesus said, "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall they see the sign of the Son of Man, coming with clouds and great glory."
1. His Kingdom is a righteous Kingdom.
2. And the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.
3. John wrote, "I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, behold the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself, shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain, for the former things are passed away."
B. Who cannot enter the kingdom of God?
1. I Cor.6:9
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor sodomites nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
2. Eph. 5:5
"For we know that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
3. Gal. 5:19
Now the works of the flesh are manifest which are these: Adultery, fornication,uncleanness, impurity, idolatry, drug abuse, hatred, variance, emulations wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders drunkeness, revellings, and such like they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
C. Who will enter the kingdom of God?
1. Those who have put their trust in Jesus Christ and have acknowledged Him as their Lord.