"THE ALL SEEING GOD"
Intro. Ezekiel has been taken by God in a vision back to Jerusalem where he is allowed to see the abominations that are bringing the judgment upon the people. He sees a hole in the wall and is commanded to dig through the wall. Once inside he is horrified by all of the pornography that is painted upon the walls inside of the room. He is then informed by God that what he is seeing is the imagery or thoughts of the leaders of Israel.
I. TWO FALSE ASSUMPTIONS.
A. The Lord seeth us not.
1. Throughout the Bible one truth is emphasized over and over and that is that God sees and knows everything.
2. In the book of Genesis it declares that at the time of Noah, that God saw that the imaginations of men's hearts was only evil continually.
3. Heb. 4:13
"Neither is their any creature that is not manifest in His sight, but all things are naked and opened to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do."
4. God said to Samuel, "Man looks on the outward appearance, but God looks upon the heart."
5. In 1Ch 28:9
David said to his son Solomon, "Know the God of your father and serve him with a perfect heart, and a willing mind. For the Lord searcheth all the hearts, and understands the imaginations of the thoughts.
6. The Lord looks on the walls of your mind, and knows the pictures and the fantasies that are there.
7. Why would a person think that God does not see?
a. Limited concept of God.
1. Perhaps they have been worshipping idols, and their idol cannot see.
2. They have been clever and able to hide from man's detection.
b. Because God is so patient and long-suffering. Many people have misinterpreted the long-suffering of God for ignorance.
8. The real question is what does God see on the walls of your mind?
B. That God has forsaken the earth. i.e. He is so far removed from the earth and man that it really doesn't matter to Him how you live or act.
1. More and more as people are coming under the influence of the New Age Movement, they are beginning to think of God as some sort of an impersonal force. He is a Universal consciousness.
2. One thing the Bible asserts over and over is the fact that He is a personal God vitally interested in His creation.
a. Jesus spoke of His being aware of every sparrow that fell to the ground.
b. Jesus said that God knew the number of hairs on your head.
3. I would not blame Him if He did forsake the earth, but such is not the case.
II. WHAT THESE TWO FALSE PREMISES LED TO.
A. An unbridled evil.
1. Moral values are not innate within a child, they are instilled.
a. A child must be taught not to lie, steal, or hit.
b. A child must be taught to share his toys or candy.
c. Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child. Those frontiers must be driven back.
2. The heart by nature is deceitful and desperately wicked.
a. The moment you remove the restraining force of an all seeing and knowing God, men will follow the perverse nature of the flesh.
b. Pornography will proliferate. Homosexuality, and other perverted sex will increase. Don't let anyone seek to deceive you into thinking that homosexual activity is normal, or natural. It is no more natural or normal than the desires of a [...]
c. Fornication and adultery will become common place.
d. Crime will increase, and gangs will rule the streets.
3. The humanists decided to remove God from the national life of America, and using the A.C.L.U. as their tool with a liberal Supreme Court began to receive a series of judgments by which they slowly began to remove God from the classroom, from the community, and finally from the minds of the people. We are beginning to reap the consequences of those rulings in a society of uncontrolled evil.
4. The same thing had happened in Israel. They thought that God could not see, and that he had forsaken the earth. The same abominations began to pollute the land, that we see polluting our land today.
B. A corruption of government.
1. Judges began taking bribes, true justice was no longer forth coming.
2. Men were ruling for their own personal gain.
3. Government was out of control, it began to exist for itself rather than for the people.
4. Unprincipled men were in positions of power and control.
5. Their chief goals were the perpetuating of themselves in power, and the extensions of that power. This is known as politics.
C. This all brought about a nation that was so weak morally that they no longer had the will or strength to defend themselves against the enemy nations.
1. We used to say the land of the free, and the home of the brave.
a. Our freedoms have been gradually taken from us until you can no longer remove a tree from your own yard without a permit in many cities.
b. We used to boast in our freedom, and liberty, and the battle cry was to defend our freedom. They have left nothing to defend.
III. BE ASSURED THAT GOD DOES SEE, AND KNOW, AND ONE DAY EVERY MAN WILL STAND BEFORE GOD AND HAVE TO ANSWER TO HIM FOR THEIR CONDUCT.
A. In Romans 2:16
Paul speaks of the day when God will judge the secrets of all men. In Romans 14
he tells us that every one of us will give an account of himself before God.
1. I Cor. 4:5
Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts.
2. One day you will answer before God.
B. Only one of two things will happen to your sin.
1. It will be confessed to Jesus and forgiven.
2. It will be judged before God in true judgment in which the thoughts and motives will also be considered.