I. 144,000. ARE THEY THE SAME AS CHAPTER 7?
A. Number agrees, 144,000. Sealed in forehead.
II. FIRST FRUITS OF MILLENNIAL REIGN.
A. When one says the scripture does not mean what it says. Who can tell us what it means?
III. SEVEN FACTS OF 144,000.
A. Written in foreheads name of Lamb and name of His Father.
1. Direct contrast to those who took mark of beast.
B. They sing a new song.
1. Fellowship of the Lamb in suffering.
C. Purchased out of the earth.
1. Marriage honorable (Chaste virgins to Christ).
2. Distress of world.
a. Christ not yet on His throne.
b. Church is away from their bridegroom.
c. Israel is not at peace in her land.
d. Servants have not received their rewards.
e. Satan is yet in the heavenlies.
f. Creation yet grows.
E. "Follow the Lamb withersoever he goeth."
F. "First fruits unto God and unto the Lamb."
G. "In their mouth was found no lie."
1. Days of anti-Christ, days of falsehood.
A. "Believe the lie" pseudie.
"MY BEAUTIFUL JESUS"
Intro: Paul said, "But we preach Christ crucified." To the Jews, a stumbling block to the Greeks' foolishness. He is still a stumbling block and foolishness to many."
I. WHAT HE IS?
A. "The faithful witness."
1. He bore faithful witness of the Father.
2. What is a witness?
a. One whose very life bears record.
b. I may talk a lot about Jesus and even say the right things, yet be a bad witness.
1. My walk not in harmony with my talk.
2. All talkie, no walkie.
3. Jesus said, "He that hath seen Me hath seen the Father."
a. How could He say that? (faithful witness).
b. If you want to know how God feels, what He is like, how He reacts, look at Jesus. He is the faithful witness.
4. What does this mean?
a. If you don't like the Son, you won't like the Father.
b. If you reject the Son. QED.
B. "The first begotten of the dead."
1. There are accounts of people being raised from the dead in the O.T.
2. The scriptures record three instances where Jesus raised people from the dead.
3. What then is meant by, first begotten...?
a. He was first raised to eternal life.
b. All others just revived for a time only to die at a later date.
C. "The ruler of the kings of the earth."
1. This is yet future, when His kingdom is established.
2. Our King is coming!
a. What a coronation day!
1. King of kings; and Lord or Lords.
2. The kingdoms of this earth shall become the kingdom of our Lord.
3. What a glorious day for the world when He shall rule over the kingdom.
a. I fear any ruler who is not ruled by Him.
b. Power and greed overtake them and they become tyrants.
II. WHAT HE HAS DONE?
A. "Loved us."
1. "As the Father loves Me so I have loved you."
2. "Greater love has no man than this."
3. We will probably never fully comprehend the depth of love He has for us.
a. It is dangerous to love deeply.
1. You expose yourself to hurt.
2. If you didn't love or care you could pass it off lightly.
3. Because of this some build a shell around themselves.
b. A distinction should be made between self-love.
B. "Washed us from our sins in His own blood."
1. Sins leaves its mark and stain on man.
a. Some try to remove it with good works, religion, have therapy.
b. "The blood of Jesus Christ, God's Son cleanseth..."
C. "And hath made us kings and priests unto God."
1. In the coming kingdom, we shall reign with Him.
2. "Come ye blessed of the Father..."
III. WHAT HE IS GOING TO DO.
A. "Behold He cometh with clouds."
1. Jesus is coming again.
2. "Every eye shall see Him."
3. "They also which pierced Him."
a. "What are these wounds in thy hands?"