"THE REIGN OF EVIL"
I. THE REIGN OF THE ANTI-CHRIST.
A. In verse 2 we are told that the dragon or Satan will give to him his power, throne and great authority.
B. Today Satan rules the world in a covert way.
1. He likes to work under the guise of an angel of light.
2. He has the appearance of respectability.
3. He controls from behind the scenes the governments of the world.
4. Paul told the Ephesians that in times past as they walked according to the course of this world, that they were under the control of the prince of the power of the air, that still controls the children of disobedience.
5. Again Paul told the Ephesians that we wrestled not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities and powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world. Against these spirit forces that control the children of disobedience.
C. In verse 7 we are told that he has power over all kindreds, tongues and people.
1. He will have shed his guise of respectability and will be openly defiant against God.
a. Vs 5.
And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty [and] two months.
b. Daniel wrote of him: "Then the king will do as he pleases, and he will exalt and magnify himself above every god, and will speak monstrous things against the God of gods; and he will prosper until the indignation is finished, for that which is decreed will be done. Dan 11:36
D. This will be the darkest hour in the history of world, the dissenting voice of the church will be removed, and men will give themselves over to every vice and evil.
II. I THINK THAT WE ARE GETTING A FORETASTE OF WHAT IT WILL BE EVEN NOW.
A. All of the pro homosexual legislation bills that are being introduced here in the State.
B. The legalization of abortion on demand.
C. The liberalization of interpretation of what constitutes pornography.
III. PEOPLE DO NOT SEEM TO REALIZE HOW BAD THINGS CAN GET WHEN EVIL REIGNS.
A. A look at the nation of Israel, and how debauched the people became under the reign of evil kings.
B. A look at the history of the world, and what can happen to nations when evil gets in control.
1. The Roman Empire.
2. Germany under the reign of Hitler.
IV. THE REIGN OF EVIL IN A PERSON'S OWN LIFE.
A. There are many people ruled by evil today.
1. They are under Satan's rule.
a. They are being destroyed and do not even know it.
b. Paul tells us:
That the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
2. Evil when it gets control is a tyrant.
a. Jesus said that the enemy has come to rob, kill, and destroy.
b. We see the lives of those controlled by evil, being robbed of all that is worthwhile and be destroyed.
c. People who are under the power of evil have no ability to free themselves.
d. There is only one thing that can free a person from the grip of Satan, and that is the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
e. Paul said, "I and not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation."
B. Evil will bring you to the lowest depths of degradation.
1. The practice of wetting and skating in the homosexual community is a classic example.
2. Similar practices are found in the devotee's of Si Baba.
3. We are being constantly shocked by the news today of the unthinkable things that are going on in the world today.
4. This is only a foretaste of what the future holds.
IV. RULED BY EVIL, OR RULED BY RIGHTEOUSNESS. THIS IS A CHOICE THAT EACH HAS TO MAKE.
A. There is a downward path and an upward path.
1. To tread the downward path takes you lower every day. One day that path will lead you to the edge and you will drop into the abyss.
2. The upward path you higher every day. One day when you come to the end of the path, you will ascend into heaven.
B. The wise man looks ahead to see where the path is leading him, up or down.
1. Each day am I becoming a better person? "I'm pressing on the upward way, New heights I'm gaining every day, Still praying as I'm onward bound, Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
2. Paul wrote, "And we with opened faces beholding the glory of the Lord, are being changed from glory to glory into the same image by the power of the Spirit within us."
3. Which path are you on?
a. Perhaps you have tried to change the direction of your own life without the help of the Lord, and you have discovered the inability to do so.
b. What you can't do for yourself, Jesus can do for you. Jesus said, "If the Son shall make you free, you will be free indeed."